POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman : Re: Batman Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batman
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 5 Oct 2010 04:00:49
Message: <op.vj3e7xz7mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 17:12:06 +0100, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>> It might be the PS3 controller layout, I just find it responding to
>> either button first rather than both together. Annoying when you're
>> after the Perfect award
>
> I think the "you can throw with this combo" signal might stay up on the
> screen an instant longer than it's actually valid. If I hit that the
> instant it comes up, it always works. If I hit it late, I get whichever
> button I happened to press first in the combo.

More a case of - I can't hit both buttons at the same time.

>> Yet once you get into the rhythm of it the control set works;
>
> Yes, somewhat. When you slow down a little, it's easier to think about
> which button does which, at least for the complex stuff like dodge and
> claw.
>
> Now I'm semi-stuck trying to get past two knifemen at once. I think I
> need to practice my dodging a while.

Ah is that the bit when you're on the metal ledge with another opposite
and two knifemen and two goons below? In any case it's a matter of taking
your punches where you can; cape sweep one, cape sweep the other, punch
that one, then return and repeat. If there are others if you time it right
you can jump over one and they'll crash into the one behind you.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com