POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 14 Sep 2010 12:15:36
Message: <op.vi054jw4mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:33:05 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

>>> Is there some way I can style it so that it shows up more like
>>>
>>> Introduction
>>> (Show/hide)
>>>

>>> ...real content...
>>
>> .h1 {margin-bottom:0}
>
> Wouldn't that mean that the margin between the header and the real
> content would now be incorrect?

Should still conform to line-height
<snip>

> I always try to design my pages so that if you totally disable all CSS,
> it still displays sensibly. It might not be pretty, but it's readable.
> Then I apply CSS to make it pretty.
>
> Not sure you need to use ".indent"; why not just "li ul" or something?

Because the first ul isn't indented and it allows you to create an extra
indent for a third level if needed without messing with child indicators
that IE doesn't understand.

> Anyway, absolute positioning seems to work fine, but for the minor
> detail that I need to figure out how wide the columns are supposed to
> be...

I try to avoid absolute positioning when possible, just because it takes
things out of the flow. if I have to use it I ensure it's well-wrapped,
but even then there can be some glitches where the positioning relates to
the first parent that specifies a position rather than its container.

> Also, whenever I try to open an XHTML document in IE (v7), it asks me
> what application I want to use it open it with, and defaults to Firefox.
> I can't seem to convince it to open it. The best I can do is get it to
> display a blank page.

Well I know they separated out online and offline content between two
windows, perhaps its related to that?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com