POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 25 Jun 2010 05:28:07
Message: <op.veum9t0jmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:01:40 +0100, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake thusly:

<snip>
> There is no way to successfully sue anyone in the EU for patent
> infringement if you're not dealing with anything physical.

However that's just patents there are also trademarks which enforce the
'style' of something and that doesn't just apply to the physical. As for
whether that or even overseas patents are enforceable you have to look out
for TRIPs. In theory TRIPs allows non-physical patents and therefore any
signatory to TRIPs has to uphold them.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com