POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question time : Re: Stupid question time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question time
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 21 Jun 2010 06:04:03
Message: <op.vem99k2lmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:20:28 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> There's something very special about today. I have all but lost count of
> the number of stupid questions I've been asked so far.

Have to agree with Darren, I've heard stupider.

> Yesterday almost nobody spoke to me.

> Since thing the day before.

Have I missed something?

> But today, everybody seems to want to ask silly questions.
>
> My mum called me to ask whether to leave the birthday card I haven't
> signed yet at home so that I can sign it. (Duh.)

Or should she fake your signature so as to get it in the post, or shall
she bring it down to you, or should she give it to X to pass on to you.
Context is king.

> My grandad phoned to ask where my mum is, but I was driving, and by the
> time I'd stopped driving and had a chance to call him back, he'd found
> her anyway.

Hardly stupid unless you were out of the country to which the answer would
be "How the hell should I know?"

> One of our project managers asked me what the difference between
> "tab-deliminted text file" and "pipe-delimited text file" is.

Again if you know what delimited means you can guess, but if you don't
"what's a pipe?"

> But so far, at just after 2PM, the current winner is this:
>
>    "How can I convert milivolts to microsiemens?"

Well, we all have off days.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com