POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Amazon MP3 : Re: Amazon MP3 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazon MP3
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 15 Jun 2010 07:58:16
Message: <op.vecbjmubmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:39:23 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
did spake thusly:

> Apparently Amazon is absolutely desperate to sell me MP3s. I recently
> bought some stuff, so they've given me some credit - which can only be
> used for MP3s.
>
> Has anybody here purchased MP3s from Amazon? How does it work? Is the
> sound quality any good? Do they use extreme DRM?

You have to use their download app for buying albums, and possibly
multiple tracks in one go. It is lightweight sits in the system tray and
open and closes by itself, course whether it works on anything but Windows
is a different question.

In Vista files go into an Amazon MP3 folder under Music and, depending on
the download manager settings, update the iTunes library too. According to
the properties they're 320kbps no DRM.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com