POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 14 Jun 2010 04:57:11
Message: <op.vd98hsw1mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:44:36 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> Scab! Heh. OOC why the Xbox and not the PS3? I'm not fan-boying or
>> anything I'm genuinely curious.
>
>   Well, the vast majority of games are published for both the Xbox 360
> and
> the PS3, so there isn't much difference in that section. (There was a
> rather
> big selection of exclusive games for the PS2, but since the PS3 is not
> backwards compatible, it's inconsequential.) The Xbox 360 is 100 euros
> cheaper than the PS3, which is a significant amount.

I grabbed the B/C 60Gb while it was still around, the price difference was
offset by the fact that I would be able to play my old PS2 games; that and
my PS2 was failing anyway.

Shame though that some games just refuse to play properly compared to the
Japan/USA full B/C models, but most work fine.

If I hadn't already been down the PS route I may well have picked up an
Xbox. Though looking back at the RROD that the early models were beset by
I'm kind of glad I didn't; that and the whole paid membership thing. I
mean, seriously, what with multiplayer taking up such a huge swath of a
lot of games charging for the privilege of using it. If you buy a game a
month that's a £3 surcharge on top to play it online.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com