POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 10 Jun 2010 10:45:41
Message: <op.vd29yqwrmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:36:01 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> It's as if Sony had designed a car and created a power lead to plug in
>> a radio, but all the radio creators decided to fit their products with
>> batteries, so a third-party came along and created a battery pack and
>> an extra power lead. I can just picture the Sony execs shaking their
>> heads in bemusement.
>
> Or as if the manufacturers could make radios with an audio socket where
> you could plug in any concievable sound source, but instead they all
> created radios with a cassette slot, so 3rd parties came up with a tape
> adaptor...
>
> ...oh, wait, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! >_<

Kind of. Imagine the radio manufacturers created them with both the
cassette and audio socket, but didn't connect the socket; and then someone
created the tape adaptor. Maybe it's just me but I find that thought
amusing.

> Seriously, is there any specific reason that I can't plug my MP3 player
> into my car?

Yes

> Or is it just so that Renault can extract more money from me to have an
> MP3-capable head unit installed?

and there you go :-)

> (And even then it still won't play Ogg Vorbis...)

Ah come on they've only just got around to MP3.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com