POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw : Re: The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Babbage Flaw
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 13 May 2010 14:43:18
Message: <op.vcnqadgl7bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Thu, 13 May 2010 20:29:04 +0200, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> If you want to use Apple software, you must buy Apple hardware.

The vast majority of computer users buy the hardware and OS in a combined
package anyway.

> Last time I checked, it's very pricey

Debatable, and even if we assume it is true, many people seem willing to
cough up the extra cash for what they consider a superior product.

> and available in only a handful of configurations, which usually can't
> be upgraded in any way.

The vast majority of computer users never upgrade their computers; they
buy new ones.

> There's no *technical* reason, however, why somebody can't go out and
> implement an alternative office suite. (Apart perhaps from file
> compatibilty.) Yet nobody has done this.

A long list of nobodies:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_suite

--
FE