POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 26 Apr 2010 09:19:35
Message: <op.vbrty7bpmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:28:34 +0200, Bill Pragnell
<bil### [at] hotmailcom> did spake thusly:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Perhaps I live in a different country or something then? Most of what we
>> receive doesn't appear to be widescreen.
>>
>> (Or are you talking about the HD channels? We only receive SD.)
>
> Lightbulb overhead *ping*!
>
> Are you by any chance still watching the analogue signal? Everything on
> freeview
> that was made within the last 5-10 years will be widescreen, but I seem
> recall that PAL is only 4:3...

Nope not even that, the analogue widescreen broadcasts are anamorphic so
despite being 4:3 they expand to 16:9. Even prior to Freeview most films
on my 4:3 CRT were black-barred top and bottom. I'm trying to think of any
current broadcasts in 4:3... the older items obviously particularly those
 from the USA; oh and one channel on Freeview - Viva
--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com