POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy elections : Re: Bl**dy elections Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy elections
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 22 Apr 2010 11:50:54
Message: <op.vbkma6k6mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 00:46:47 +0200, Doctor John <rea### [at] mysig> did
spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>> Oh you should see the letters page of our local paper, they've been all
>> coming out the woodwork over the past month to tell us how wonderfully
>> they've been acting on our behalf.
>>
>> Sad to say with the short-termness of so many I can't blame them for the
>> deluge of letters.
>
> I've always thought that there is a definite case to be made for the
> disbarring of any candidate that actively seeks election.
>
> slightlyOOC The Labour candidate for my constituency is the drummer from
> Blur. How the **** does that qualify him as a putative MP?

I blame the media for putting these ideas into their heads "and now for an
in-depth review of the main party manifestos we turn to Dappy from N-Dubz".

Then again what qualifies half of them? Some have worked their way up from
the local level, some seem to have been parachuted in from on high.

> John (laughing 'cos otherwise I'd be crying)

You can always do both.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com