POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 21 Apr 2010 16:46:29
Message: <op.vbi5brnfufxv4h@xena>
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:50:06 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>> Warp wrote:

>   I have used Windows (98 and newer) for over 10 years, and I still can't
> figure out how to do such things. I have been using Unix-likes for about
> the same amount of time, and it didn't take me long to figure out, and it
> just feels comfortable. (I'm not saying that you can do every possible
> operation in existence easily, but common tasks just are much easier
> there
> than in Windows, where often I don't know even where to start, even
> though
> I'm not exactly a newbie. Windows is just that good at hiding all the
> stuff.)

I installed Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.4 recently.
Wow! I can change the way the OS looks and I don't have to buy Blinds to
do it! =D
I had a bit of trouble installing my 3G modem, but I managed  - I need to
plug it in before I fire up Linux. Apparently that's fixed in 2.5 but I
don't have the bandwidth to download it. I also managed to install the
graphics card drivers.

I installed Code::Blocks but I need WXwidgets which is another big
download.

But I still haven't been able to install Pov-Ray except in Wine... :(
I'm a total n00b as I can't seem to install anything without the Package
Manager...

--
-Nekar Xenos-

"The spoon is not real"