POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 21 Apr 2010 14:59:50
Message: <op.vbi0d0igufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:21:06 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

> Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> "Image" does not mean "clone". An image is not a copy, but rather
>> something that _looks_like_ something else. For example photographs,
>> and statues. Neither a photograph nor a statue can see with their eyes.
>
> But God *can* see with his eyes. Perfectly, at that. So in what sense
> did God have to design our eyes, if he already has perfect ones to base
> things on?

I am not saying He can't see with His eyes. I am saying He might have n
dimensional eyes as well that aren't visible in our 3 dimensions.
Hmm. Well if He is omnipotent, He could look anyway he wanted to and maybe
he just likes that specific form. Also the eyes are the most beautiful
asexual part of the human body...

>> BTW, a multidimensional being would need only one multidimensional eye
>> to be able to see all around, even if it is on the front of the head :)
>
> It depends how many dimensions he wants to look into. :-)
>
>> Since we do not know everything about all dimensions that exist, we
>> cannot know how the universe started because we do not have enough
>> information.
>
> Yet, oddly enough, there are huge numbers of people who will tell you it
> is all carefully documented!  Imagine that!

I believe that the Bible was meant for everyone. It would have been
confusing to the people of that time if God had revealed science as well.
Apparently today only about 10-15% of all people are interested in
science, so it really doesn't make much sense to go into all that
scientific stuff. From the view of a normal observer the sun rises in the
east and sets in the west. We know it's the earth that's actually turning
on it's own axis, but we still call it sunrise... :-)

>> Heh. Maybe someday someone will write an AI program that comes to the
>> conclusion that humans don't exist!
>
> Not yet, but they already made one that concluded everyone is famous.
> They were programming it with encyclopedias and watching its deductions,
> and it eventually deduced that everyone is famous.

Was that before or after Facebook? :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-

"The spoon is not real"