POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 5 May 2010 06:34:13
Message: <op.vb8abbzimn4jds@phils>
And lo On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:41:03 +0100, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake thusly:

>> Heh. And perhaps you remember me remarking at the time that you can
>> apparently buy a £200 Nikon D40 (?) and attach a £7,000 telephoto lense
>> to it - as if you'd want to. ;-)

That and the poor quality of your mum's camera.

> A friend of mine borrowed a 7K (or similar) telephoto lens to put on his
> old Canon 300D body when he went to watch an air show.  The photos are
> absolutely stunning, and I don't think if he had used a more expensive
> body the photos would have been *much* better (but on the other hand,
> without the big lens they would have been rubbish).
>
> If you want to take action photos of things from far away under dodgy
> light, then even the cheapest dSLR body will be fine, just get the
> biggest lens you can afford.

Toot "This is where DSLRs rule as they're both bigger and have
interchangable lenses. In this case the maxim is simple - the bigger the
better. A bigger lens means more light getting to the sensor, means a
faster shutter speed and less blur, and a lower ISO and more detail and
less noise." ;-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com