POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific Faith : Re: Scientific Faith Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Faith
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 29 Mar 2010 12:14:09
Message: <op.vab7dqenmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:52:17 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible
>> crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
>
> That's a good question.  The sort of thing that occurs to me all the
> time, really.

Try toasting a frozen slice of bread on the 'normal' setting.

> I found out in Dallas that my security badge was apparently authorized
> to unlock the building but not authorized to turn off the burglar alarm.
> Why would you even *make* a system where it was possible to configure it
> that way?

Depends on the setup. Off the top of my head imagine a situation with a
night-guard on reception. The building is locked, but the alarms aren't
on. Now if the building can't be locked without the alarms being activated
that's a pointless function of the card.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com