POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twin lens reflex cameras : Re: Twin lens reflex cameras Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twin lens reflex cameras
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 22 Jul 2009 12:39:59
Message: <op.uxg9wx147bxctx@e6600>
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:31:40 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> scott wrote:
>>> No, they still have the mirrors. Noisy buggers.
>>  And they cause vibration too.  I like the feature on my 450D where you
>> can lock up the mirror before taking the actual exposure, useful for
>> astrophotography.
>
> Yeah, this has a setting where you can delay the exposure to two seconds
> after the mirror moves or something.  Even the little point-and-shoots
> have that now.

A timed shutter release is not the same as mirror lock-up. Little
point-and-shoots do not even have mirrors.

Timed release is meant to give you time to take your hands off the camera.
To avoid vibrations from mirror slap you use mirror lock-up (typically
implied when using live-view).

If you want to see mirror slap in action:
http://jpearman.smugmug.com/gallery/8945351_aVDzo

--
FE