POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 28 Jun 2009 15:17:47
Message: <op.uv807xrr7bxctx@e6600>
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:42:29 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> Well, it also says don't disconnect the lens from the powered-off camera
> while in VR mode, lest the glass of the lens rattle about.

Because the VR element is not locked in place while the VR motor is
running. Poor wording on their part I think.

> The thing has like 30 buttons on the outside, most of them
> multi-function, and a menu system so complex that you can rearrange it
> to suit your own preferences.

It is the Nikon way.

> Yet some of the stuff is surprisingly manual and mechanical, still. :-)

I would say that is a good thing.

>> Apparently, the manual also tells you to wash your hands after handling
>> the cord, lest your future Californian children become defective.
>
> Yeah, welcome to CA, where every product and building comes with that
> warning, but nobody can tell you where or what the bad stuff actually is.

Well, lead in this case. Do you actually get health warnings that do not
specify the hazard?

I checked my own camera manual: Californians are informed about
perchlorate material in the battery. No defective babies though.

--
FE