POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: It's here Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's here
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 3 Apr 2009 16:57:00
Message: <op.urtwg9fj7bxctx@e6600>

http://images.google.com/images?q=vista%20%22start%20menu%22%20%22search%20bar%22

> 2. You need to search for stuff = you haven't organised your stuff
> correctly.

You will also find that the start menu in Vista expands sub-menus in place
rather than to the right. Decide for yourself if this is a good idea or a
horrible disaster.

>> The "measuring performance" is indeed checking things including your
>> graphics, RAM speed, disk speed, etc.
>
> Why does that take 20 minutes? memtest86 gives me most of those
> measurements in 0.2 seconds.

1. It does not take 20 minutes. A few minutes at the most.

2. How else would you perform a benchmark other than running tests and
timing them?

> For some reason, the welcome page automatically opens every time I log
> in and won't go away.

Uncheck the box marked "Show the Welcome screen every time I log in".

>> eSATA: external SATA. If you have an external drive case that supports
>> USB and eSATA, use eSATA and it'll be about 4 times as fast to transfer.
>
> Mmm, OK. But... they have the same electrical interface?

Not quite, but close enough to provide basic compatibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA#External_SATA

--
FE