POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be : Re: No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 17 Mar 2009 05:40:54
Message: <op.uqxjverkmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:28:33 -0000, Mike Raiford
<"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> did spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>>> that there are no insects--unless one wants there to be, that pets go
>>> to heaven,
>>  So um what if you have pet insects?
>
> Yeah, but.... remember ... no insects *unless you want there to be* so,
> I suppose if you want them to be with you, your pet bugs will be there
> with you.

Wouldn't that create a paradox, If I wanted insects and you didn't.
"Here's my pet stick insects" as I show what appears to you to be an empty
glass box.

> What about the pets that didn't work out so well... Like my mom's evil
> cat. And the ones that are still living at the time of your demise?

Oh hell no I wouldn't want to meet my old dog.

>>> and
>>> that one can build one's house wherever one wants unless it obscures
>>> the
>>> view of a river or some trees, in which case one needs permission.[16]
>>  Does she say from whom?
>
> Well, God of course!

Wouldn't that be kind of pointless if she thinks of God as omniscient. I
think of building a house next to the river and a message should appear
instantly telling me yes or no. Hmm can you appeal?

>>  If it exists at a different vibrational level why is it three feet
>> higher? Oh and lookee here she also claims to be able to see angels;
>> and she's got money for saying this? Yeesh!
>
> I should make crap up and charge people unseemly amounts of money for
> it. I again find I'm in the wrong industry. I should have been a
> charlatan.

I think it's the price we pay for being fundamentally honest. I should
start prostelysing the words of Tekneos God of Music; Scypian Goddess of
Shopping; Fanglemork God of Blue Tomatoes; and the Great Porcelain God
Hruggh, All Bow Before Him; or at least sell T-shirts.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com