POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be : Re: No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:01:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No insects in heaven...unless you want there to be
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 16 Mar 2009 05:10:35
Message: <op.uqvnsvrymn4jds@phils>
And lo On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 05:33:22 -0000, Mike Hough <nos### [at] nospamcom>
did spake thusly:

> Sometimes when I am bored I will jump from one topic to another on
> wikipedia. Tonight I somehow found my way to the Ig Nobel Prize and this
> led me to the page on Silvia Browne, a self-proclaimed psychic here in
> the U.S. Here is what made me chuckle:
>
> "Browne says she knows what it is like in heaven. In her book The Other
> Side and Back, she says the temperature is a constant 78°F (25.6°C),

Nah a little too hot for me.

> that there are no insects--unless one wants there to be, that pets go to
> heaven,

So um what if you have pet insects?

> and
> that one can build one's house wherever one wants unless it obscures the
> view of a river or some trees, in which case one needs permission.[16]

Does she say from whom?

> She asserts that the "other side" exists approximately three feet above
> ground level and at a "higher vibrational level" and so is difficult for
> humans to perceive."

If it exists at a different vibrational level why is it three feet higher?
Oh and lookee here she also claims to be able to see angels; and she's got
money for saying this? Yeesh!

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com