POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 9 Feb 2009 09:08:32
Message: <op.uo278slnmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:12:25 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake thusly:

> On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:08:30 +0000, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> According to mine it's 34F (1°C) here at the moment and everyone is
>> grateful the temperature's gone up, lowest point was apparently about
>> 18F (-8°C) nearby.
>
> Now that's getting into cold-ish territory.  Though I remember wind
> chills approaching -70 F while I was growing up.  Of course, I lived in
> the only school district in the state that held classes when the temps
> got that low.

Stepped out the house just and my neighbour had popped out for a smoke, we
both looked at the drizzling rain and he asked "Do you know when we're
supposed to be having snow?"
"I thought it was supposed to be before the rain, or possibly instead of.
If it falls now it's not going to stick"
"I asked [wife] why the kids were at home and she said the school was
closed due to the blizzard later"

We both looked up at the tupperware sky throwing rain at us.

"Yeah, right" we both said; 5C now.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com