POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do games crash on your PC? : Re: How much do games crash on your PC? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do games crash on your PC?
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 15 Jan 2009 05:43:58
Message: <op.unsn3lkkmn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:49:39 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> Perhaps any game that tries to push the hardware to the limit of its
>> capabilities gains a higher percentage chance of locking up? If you
>> downgrade the display settings etc. do they lock up as frequently?
>
> Perhaps any product released on a tight schedule more frequently
> experience problems?

One could well argue that the ability to patch games on the consoles has
led to a deteriation of quality by the rise in importance of the schedule
(i.e we can't release this on time it's not ready vs. we'll patch it
later). However PCs have always had this ability so wouldn't explain why
Warp is having difficulty unless he's only buying games that have been
pressured out on arbitary time-scale. Of course it could be a mix of
pushing the hardware at the same time as pushing out the game 'on time'.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com