POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do you take a screenshot of an animation? : Re: How do you take a screenshot of an animation? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you take a screenshot of an animation?
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 7 Jan 2009 04:45:33
Message: <op.undr15v7mn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:11:59 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> Warp wrote:
>
>>   All video players using DirectX have this option (at least internally;
>> some might not offer it in their GUI). It's a hardware/DirectX thing.
>
> Since you clearly know more about this than me... In what way is
> "DirectShow" related to "DirectX"?

Orignally all the APIs were called DirectSomething and then got grouped
and distributed under the generic DirectX title. DirectShow was renamed
 from ActiveShow at that time for consistency reasons but was later dropped
 from DirectX downloads and was issued under the Windows SDK.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com