POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Three Vista annoyances so far : Re: Three Vista annoyances so far Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three Vista annoyances so far
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 6 Jan 2009 09:36:04
Message: <op.uncaufwomn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 00:49:59 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

Not necessarily Vista only, but I've just got annoyed with a laptop
downloading some AV update conking out because it went to sleep. I thought
the point was it only did that when it wasn't doing anything; I'd say
downloading counted as 'something'. Doubly annoying as the laptop's been
disconnected from the 'net for a month so it's a huge update; and it had
to restart from scratch.

Oh and yes the other laptop's screensaver still won't kick in when
connected to a Microsoft mouse despite the 'fix'.

The latest nice bit was installing a 02 3G mobile modem that required UAC
to be turned off before it'd install, thus requiring two reboots
bookending the installation.

My current favourite is the resolution of an error from Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375/en-us/ 'Just ignore it' would have
been a much shorter entry.

--
Phil Cook