POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 22 Jan 2009 11:43:18
Message: <op.un53d1fnmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:40:14 -0000, John VanSickle
<evi### [at] hotmailcom> did spake thusly:

> Perhaps he noted that they hated the US before any American presently
> alive was born, and decided that courting their opinion was a waste of
> time.

In one's own humble opinion the UK viewpoint is this:

Reagan - To busy worrying about Thatcher, IRA, and not being run-over by
loud men in red braces coked out of their heads (or to be busy being a
load man in red braces trying to find more coke)
Bush Snr - Who? Oh yeah Desert Storm; who was he again?
Clinton - "Love is in the Air"
Bush Jr. "Imperial March"

>  Perhaps he noted that courting world opinion required the chronic habit
> of making unrewarded sacrifices and unreciprocated concessions.

Um when has America ever courted world opinion when there hasn't been
something in it for America? Not a negative mind, that's what they're
elected for. The only difference between Clinton and Bush was that Clinton
made a pretence of caring and asking.

> Perhaps he noted that the press had made a habit of distorting anything
> he said, so he decided that saying nothing was the wisest course of
> action.

Did the press need to distort anything he said, heck the White House's own
transcripts could barely make sense of the man.

> I think a rude awakening is in store for a lot of his supporters.

Oh yes on that we can agree, though admittedly he's already made a start
with the scheduled closure of Gitmo.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com