POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 21 Jan 2009 10:49:21
Message: <op.un3577jgmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:25:32 -0000, Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
<jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> did spake thusly:

> Does this mean that the rest of the world will stop hating us (the USA)
> now?

Barack - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us
Barack - a-ah - he's a miracle
Barack - a-ah - king of the impossible

:-P

> Yes, it's a dumb question, but the Bush hatred was so prevalent that if
> there were any other reasons to hate the US, they were overshadowed if
> not completely forgotten.
>
> Bush may have been the worst President in my lifetime.

May have been?

> Obama will not be pulling out of Iraq any time soon.  Dates will lapse.
> New reasons for staying will be given.  Left-wing activists will begin to
> realize that, "OMG!  He's a politician!"

No, left-wing activists will be "OMG leave him alone look at what he's
inherited" meh as an excuse it's worked well for our government here in
the UK for the last ten years. Heh bet that'll be the first bit of
'advice' Brown tries to give him.

>  The economy isn't going to pick up any time soon.

But that'll be Bush's fault - boo, hiss!

> (Just my $0.02USD.  I realize this is an international forum, and that's
> why I posted it here.  I hope to hear several viewpoints.)

As has been mentioned the simple fact that he's not Bush will endear him
to the world regardless of what he does next, the bonus that he's young
(comparatively) and seems to recognise that other countries actually exist
will certainly help even if he does produce insular reforms.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com