POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:55:07
Message: <op.un181yoamn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:46:26 -0000, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake thusly:

>> None of the BBC channels feature adverts, except for themselves. The
>> big benefit those who moan about this 'tax' is that there exists two
>> children's channels (young-uns and not so young-uns) that have no
>> advertising.
>
> The main benefit for me is sports, like tennis, Formula 1, snooker,
> darts, (some) football etc, that you get to see totally uninterupted and
> totally free from annoying adverts that they shove in your face at every
> opportunity on other channels.  If only there was some cricket on the
> BBC, and all sports were shown in HD then I'd probably even pay the
> license fee :-)

Heh well I'm not a sports fan, but I can appreciate your point of view; in
much the same way I can appreciate it's nice to have children's channels
without any nag your parents to buy this.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com