POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:28:54
Message: <op.un17ufeqmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:39:13 -0000, Mike Raiford
<"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> did spake thusly:

>>> Geez how much are you guys paying for TV?!?!
>>  All I know is that I'm still miffed that when I finally get a place of
>> my own, I'm going to have to pay for a TV license even though I don't
>> own a TV and have no intension of watching TV.
>>  (Apparently it's technically possible to watch TV using a computer,
>> and I do own one of those, so...)
>>  It's a license to print money! o_O
>
> I assume then if they charge every household a fee for the privilege to
> watch TV, they don't have any advertisements?

None of the BBC channels feature adverts, except for themselves. The big
benefit those who moan about this 'tax' is that there exists two
children's channels (young-uns and not so young-uns) that have no
advertising.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com