POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:17:41
Message: <op.un17bjmtmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:31:22 -0000, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake thusly:

> ...but, it's a good idea to then remove all hardware capable of
> receiving TV signals, so that it is beyond reasonable doubt that you
> never watch TV. This means taking out the TV tuner card and packing it
> away somewhere.

Not even then, they changed the rules - if you watch programmes via
something like the BBC's iPlayer which doesn't require a tuner of any
description you'll need a licence.

>  They can't fine you unless they have proof you are watching TV, so I
> wouldn't worry.

Except you'll get threatening letters and/or visits every month because
the assumption is that if you own any form of receiving equipment then you
are watching broadcast television in one form or other.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com