POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 3 Dec 2008 09:51:36
Message: <op.ullcv9mkmn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:26:25 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

>>> The only problem is that they don't sell a huge range of stuff. (Or at
>>> least, stuff I'd want to buy.) Having just said that, last week they
>>> sold me a Tilby and some rather fetching gloves...
>>  Tilby? Hmm I'm trying to picture you in a trilby.
>
> OK, so I didn't press the key hard enough! :-P
>
> If I get time I'll take a photograph... with the brown shirt, brown
> pinstripe trousers and matching brown pinstripe Trilby, *I* think I look
> rather dashing. ;-) Certainly it caused a stir at work yesterday...

They were all probably wondering what a tree was doing in reception :-P

>>> On the other hand... don't you just hate it when you go somewhere and
>>> you're all like "yes, I'd like to buy this £2,000 item here please"
>>> and they're all like "meh, I can't be bothered, go away". (!!)
>>  Nah never had that... oh wait ;-)
>
> YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!!

Nah not as if I was recently looking to spend £1,500 on a couple of TV's
or something.

>>> and a reel of tape that's wider in the center than at the edges, so
>>> the tape always curls when you pull it off.
>>  Que?
>
> I mean the reel is spherical rather than cylindrical. :-P It's warped
> slightly...

[Blinks] Um how old is this reel of tape, does it have the words Sellotape
First Prototype written on the inside?

>>> Plus the scisors won't get the tape either.
>>  Wow how blunt are these scissors? Sounds like you need a whetstone.
>
> Well, technically they *cut* the tape... but the tape then sticks to
> them. I'd assert that I need a tape dispenser! ;-)

Yeah but depending on what type you get the tape can dry out. Besides -
put the reel on the last three fingers of one hand, the end of the tape on
your thumb, and your index finger at the point between the reel and the
loose tape; keep taut and cut perpendicularly.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com