POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 3 Dec 2008 05:26:02
Message: <op.ulk0lyppmn4jds@phils.mshome.net>
And lo On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:04:49 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

>>> I had it gift-wrapped in the shop. (John Lewis FTW!) Thus, I cannot be
>>> *completely* sure. However, if their shop stock matches their online
>>> store, there's only one 26" LCD TV in their range, and it's the
>>> Samsung LE26A457. (And indeed, the specs seem to match the device I
>>> purchased.)
>>  For that price with a five-year guarantee, not bad. I thought you
>> wanted 3 SCART connections though ;-)
>
> I did, but I couldn't find a TV anywhere on the face of the Earth that
> has that.

Heh well I did say as much.

> You'll notice I purchased it from John Lewis. In other words, if there
> *is* a problem, I'll actually _get_ some ****ing _SERVICE_. ;-)

Indeed certain stores of a certain group don't have the best in after-care
service. It may cost a little more now, but it can often make the
difference.

> In fact, I purchased the TV about 10 minutes before the store closed,
> and yet the salesman still *ran* (I watched him) to the collection point
> personally so that he could wheel the TV up to the gift wrap station on
> the top floor so I could have it gift wrapped before closing time.

Obviously on commission :-P

> And it only cost, like, £2 for the gift wrap. (YOU try wrapping
> something this big! It's not easy... They did a far better job than I
> ever could. Even if the wrapping paper *was* lame.)

Actually I'm not bad at wrapping various shapes up having had large
amounts of practice when young, sometimes it can be fun as in when I
wrapped up a round tin in two sheets of paper (simple silver foil and a
translucent gold) to make it look like a giant toffee.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com