POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : End of the world delayed until spring : Re: End of the world delayed until spring Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: End of the world delayed until spring
From: Phil Cook
Date: 24 Sep 2008 06:14:40
Message: <op.uhzde200c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:36:11 +0100, somebody <x### [at] ycom> did spake,
saying:

> Jokes aside, doesn't anybody else find it ridiculous that almost 10
> billion dollars is being spent on an experiment that will have
> absolutely zero
> practical benefit to mankind (even if it's spectacularly successful
> beyond imagination)?

[pops into time machine and heads back to 1968]

Jokes aside, doesn't anybody else find it ridiculous that almost 1 billion
dollars is being spent on an contest of one-upmanship that will have
absolutely zero practical benefit to mankind (even if it's spectacularly
successful beyond imagination)?

[returns]

Oo sat-nav

[heads back to 1980]

Jokes aside, doesn't anybody else find it ridiculous that all this time
and money is being spent to connect up companies and universities when we
already have the telephone, fax, and postal service in place; this will
have absolutely zero practical benefit to mankind (even if it's
spectacularly successful beyond imagination)?

[returns]

Um hello.

--
Phil Cook