POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? : Re: Doomed? Yep! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doomed? Yep!
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 21 Sep 2008 18:32:17
Message: <op.uhurj2ve7bxctx@e6600>
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:19:04 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Fredrik Eriksson <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
>> There is currently as far as I know only one C++ compiler vendor that
>> even claims to implement the full standard.
>
>   Does the count change if we disregard export templates?

I think it might, but "claims to implement the full standard" is not the
same as "claims to be fully standards-compliant" which of course is not
the same as "is fully standards-compliant".

Strictly speaking, it is impossible to be fully compliant to ISO
14882-1998 since the standard itself contains self-contradictions. I think
most (hopefully all) of those have been dealt with for the upcoming
revision of the standard though.

--
FE