POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New router : Re: New router Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New router
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Sep 2008 07:42:40
Message: <op.uhp71s16c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:55:10 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
saying:

> Dammit, this was hard to install and setup! Heh...
>
>   I bought a Netgear router and it took nearly a day to install and
> setup,
> and honestly, I don't know *how* I did it. I changed so many settings
> that I
> think it was just luck in the end. Anyway, it's working now.  :)

As you've discovered most newer routers have an HTML interface accessed
via their IP address (the most popular appears to be 192.168.1.1) the
newer netgear models also have a Device Name stamped on the botton of them
something like NETGEARnnnXXn and you can tap this is as well to gain
access. Deafult login details are normally the pathetic "admin"/"password"
or sometimes "admin"/"admin" there really aren't many combinations to try.
The last one I messed with I don't think I even bothered installing the
disc that came with it.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com