POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich : Re: Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandwich
From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 Sep 2008 04:20:15
Message: <op.uhkerbvkc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:47:56 +0100, Gilles Tran
<gil### [at] gmailcom> did spake, saying:

> "Orchid XP v8" <voi### [at] devnull> a écrit dans le message de
>
>> All of which, AFAIK, have been around for at least 30 years, and nobody
>> has taken any notice whatsoever.
>
> Actually, one of the reasons why the price of cheese went up is due to
> biofuels. A few countries (including the US) have been converting food
> maize and soybeans crops to biofuel maize for a few years now, due to
> attractive fuel prices: the US now uses more of its maize crop for
> biofuel than it sells abroad. Last year, with a few other factors, this
> cascaded into a world shortage of food/feed grains. The price of cereals
> doubled between May and September 2007, and drove up the price of feeds,
> and then of milk and cheese.

All of which you've got to see the funny side of. The eco-warriers demand
biofuels, some governments set up favourable legislation and as a result
rainforests are cleared to grow maize and food prices increase. At least
they've admitted that the outcome wasn't perhaps the best and they made a
mistake; I don't think any of the governments have done the same yet.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com