POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things I hate : Re: Things I hate Server Time
10 Oct 2024 04:41:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things I hate
From: Phil Cook
Date: 29 Sep 2008 09:22:42
Message: <op.uh8vge0mc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:36:39 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:19:14 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>

>> Aren't those classed as offensive weapons now; I heard Glasgow jokes
>> were
>> one of the biggest causes of death in some parts of Scotland?
>
> I don't know the current regulations/laws but the blade on mine is only
> 1 ¼ inches long. It also has a nail file and a tiny pair of scissors so
> I could give you a pretty vicious manicure. The knife blade is always
> kept sharp enough to cut paper.

Anything with a blade or a point except a folding knife unless it has an
edge over 3 inches in length. That said you can get away with it if it's
for either a) work, b) education, c) religion, or d) national costume;
note that e) hobby doesn't appear so extreme whittlers can be locked up
for the safety of us all.

> As for the Glasgow jokes, received wisdom says it's classed as suicide ;)

Nicolas managed to decipher my thick Brummie accent correctly.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com