POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 27 Aug 2008 07:25:46
Message: <op.ugjlz8ywc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:04:47 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> scott wrote:
>
>>> ...so they won't be remotely interested in me then?
>>  I would think that Haskell would be quite suited to some of their
>> problems.
>
> Anyway, looking at the actual vacancies at Paragon, it seems all of them
> want "demonstratable experience" with C#, which I obviously don't have.
> (I can see one job who's wording is sufficiently ambiguous that it might
> be construed as meaning you only need experience with Excel or SQL -
> which obviously I have.)

Pffh as I said they're looking for creative numerates and that ain't a big
pool to pick from. If your only failing is that you don't have C#
experience, but show an apptitude for picking up programming languages
they should bite. Hell show them some Haskell stuff and they might hire
you just to teach everyone else how to use it.

Just remeber if you get the job I want my finder's fee ;-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com