POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Chessboard : Re: My Chessboard Server Time
23 May 2024 07:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Chessboard
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 Aug 2008 13:59:48
Message: <op.ugj4c5tq6b35ac@your-727a0a4e7c.vipowernet.net>
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:01:04 -0400, alphaQuad
<alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Glory be. Is that a rainbow cast on D5, zoom in and render the one piece
> that is
> doing it and enlarge.

Here you go.  Dispersion is turned on for the black knight, and turned off
for everything else (lest the render take all week).

> glass dispersion ... according to consts.inc  ... 40 times with the
> wavelengths
> reversed

I had actually started a +40 run, and it had gone 3 hours before i noticed
the mistake.  I figured i might as well post both images.

As you can see, at this resolution, the dispersion_samples was way too
low.  Got another week?

--
<Insert witty .sig here>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chess_caustics-detail.jpg' (108 KB) Download 'chess_caustics+detail.jpg' (108 KB)

Preview of image 'chess_caustics-detail.jpg'
chess_caustics-detail.jpg