POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? : Re: A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A job opportunity for someone?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Aug 2008 09:13:11
Message: <op.ugahokggc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:07:38 +0100, Reuben Pearse
<reu### [at] pearsecouk> did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> My local news did a story last night about a successful business in the
>> West Midlands [snip] It's
>> http://www.paragonsimulation.com/live/news/news8.asp based in Halesowen.
>
> I actually did some Excel spreadsheet modelling work for this company
> about 8 years. I found the work pretty tough going, as my Maths isn't
> great (as a programmer I'm better at logic stuff!)

My maths skills good be better, but this is why I thought of Andrew who
typically seems to have become Invisible today ;-)

> I'm glad to hear the company is doing well.
>
> I would be interested to hear anymore about the company as they're not
> from me (I work in Birmingham).

Well it was just the local news report. They mentioned simulation of
hospitals, warehouse deliveries, call-centres, and something about the
wings on an Airbus; they couldn't go into specifics due to company
confidentiality.

Oh and they had table football and an arcade machine.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com