POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All shopped out : Re: All shopped out Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All shopped out
From: Phil Cook
Date: 9 Sep 2008 10:50:00
Message: <op.ug7x11r4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:55:24 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> And lo on Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:53:24 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
>> did
>> spake, saying:
>
>> >   At some point people just have to leave home. That's part of life.
>
>> No that's part of Western life, in some cultures this would be
>> considered
>> the norm and the desire for both parents and children to split as
>> quickly
>> as possible would be viewed with distaste.
>
>   It is part of life in *all* cultures. That's because when people get
> married, at least one of them has to leave home.

Neither "At least one" nor "approximately half" equals "people" that's all
I was saying.

>   Granted, it may be that in some cultures it's customary for one of the
> spouses to move to the house of the other's parents, but even then
> approximately half of people have to leave their own home.

With normally the wife moving in with the husband and his parents. So the
unmarried Andy's still set then.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com