POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
8 Sep 2024 09:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 15 Aug 2008 04:09:43
Message: <op.ufw4wvnuc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:29:52 +0100, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:40:36 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> are good, solid, reliable, and that actually work.
>>
>> I remember seeing a book in the store about ten ways how to make your
>> brand more popular. The methods were things like "don't let someone sell
>> both coke *and* pepsi", and "if they sell coke make them sell sprite
>> also" and "end every ad with a picture of your brand" and such.
>
> Was "make it *better* than the competition" in there anywhere?

I guess that's covered by the "don't let someone sell both coke *and*
pepsi". You don't need to make a better product if you don't present the
consumer with a choice.

As an example my mother often complains she can't pick up a certain brand
of sauce at her main shop supermarket and has to go elsewhere; I'm running
an internal bet as to how long it'll be before she either starts doing the
main shop in this other store or ends up buying a different brand.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com