POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Aug 2008 10:16:56
Message: <op.ufkm89xoc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:33:15 +0100, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>>> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>>  But you're not getting any interest on this money, as Darren said if
>> you're going to do this you might as well have a debit card which
>> shouldn't have any fees at all and pays you interest for a positive
>> balance.
>>

> Something to check into also.  I was under the impression they charged a
> fee per use.  I do use it on occasion.  Never really confirmed if a fee
> was charged.

The only time we in the UK tend to get charges is if we use our debit
cards abroad, saying that though some banks are advertising the fact that
they don't do this

>>  You're guilty of being bizzarre, which if it were a crime would mean
>> I  (and the vast majority) would be locked up with you.
>
> As you get older you get comfortable with it I guess.  Another 'buffer'
> situation for me involves the need to take a 'till' with me when I am
> driving the taxi.  When I first started I got caught unable to make
> change a couple of times.  This situation I found embarrassing even
> humiliating.  So I began to hoard 10's, 5's, and singles.  Now I have a
> 'buffer' well in excess of 150 $10's, 200 $5's, and 500 singles,
> jacketed and hoarded away in a box.  I am finally comfortable and pay
> less attention to the problem and no longer aggressively hoard. For
> instance now at the end of a shift I will deposit my receipts across all
> denominations instead of just the $20's.  But the funny thing is,
> certain techniques and disciplines I developed during my hoarding phase
> became so integrated with my daily life that I continue them anyway.  In
> fact I now have to consciously 'prune' my hoard down from time to time.

Just the way we work; we do something out of neccesity, repeat it, and
then find it turns to habit and we keep doing it long after the cause has
passed. I suppose it's the potential in the neural pathways, just easier
to follow the groove.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com