POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Aug 2008 04:20:44
Message: <op.ufj6snzic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:37:02 +0100, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>>  that sort of maturity?
>
> Yep.

Well that's okay then ;-)

>>  That's the bizarreness so you buy something on CC for $40 then when
>> it  comes to pay you send them $50 so you have positive $10? The only
>> way I  see this as a good thing is if the credit card pays interest on
>> the  amount, which I know some do, but in that instance they wouldn't
>> be  refunding it to you so why do it?
>>

> More like: keep +$400 in the account.

But you're not getting any interest on this money, as Darren said if
you're going to do this you might as well have a debit card which
shouldn't have any fees at all and pays you interest for a positive
balance.

> I'll admit that maybe it's bizarre but what am I *so* guilty of?  Maybe
> of being a bit neurotic, maybe of just thinking in a different way? It
> keeps the money more tangible to me. The monthly due-date lockstep just
> trips me up that's all.

You're guilty of being bizzarre, which if it were a crime would mean I
(and the vast majority) would be locked up with you.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com