POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Aug 2008 04:16:34
Message: <op.ufj6lsr4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 07 Aug 2008 17:50:18 +0100, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>>> Yeah, I might try and get organized enough to try something like that.
>>> At least for bills.  I didn't know you could do it for credit card.
>>
>> Well you can in the UK
>
> You can with some cards in the US as well.  We do autopay for nearly
> everything (but we also look at the bills closely, too)

Well yeah, I don't understand people who don't bother.

> Got hung up *once* with this because the payment I put in ended up being
> less than the minimum (had to get the brakes done on the car - and we
> used the wrong card) and I got a call from their collections department
> the *day* after the bill was due.  We got them to reverse the late fee
> and reinstate the 0% transfer balance, but it was really surprising they
> turned it over to collections so quickly.  Discover Financial apparently
> is struggling.

Well the setup on my credit card is that the full amount is taken
automatically unless I change it, but I could set it up to take the
minimum only; again unless I change it. The only account I then have to
monitor money-wise is my bank-account.

> (Of course you wouldn't know anything about them in the UK, since
> virtually nobody accepts them over there)

Who now? :-) It's Visa and Mastercard here (for credit cards), unless it's
somewhere fancy that'll accept Amex. Heh read a piece from Amex justifying
their higher-then-others transaction charges, people with Amex spend more
so you make more profit then the el-cheapo cards; to put it another way
rich people use Amex so let them do so at your store. To put it yet
another way if you see a store accepting Amex expect all the prices to be
double :-P

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com