POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Aug 2008 04:06:35
Message: <op.ufcrgx16c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sat, 02 Aug 2008 05:11:51 +0100, Chambers
<ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> did spake, saying:

> Warp wrote:
>>
>>> What smokest thou?
>>    I really can't see what's wrong with him.
>>    When I first saw the movie, I didn't find anything annoying or wrong
>> with him. It was only afterwards that I realized that people hate him.
>>

> It was the sheer idiocy of the character.  It's the same reason I don't
> like characters like Barney the Dinosaur, or movies like Dumb and Dumber.

But Barney's aimed at the young and Dumb and Dumber is intentionally
idiotic, that's where Jar Jar fails; the humour in Star Wars was always
incidental and oh look here's a character who's almost pure comic relief.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com