POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta 28 now available : Re: Beta 28 not installing on my Vista user or admin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 28 not installing on my Vista user or admin
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 3 Aug 2008 08:07:17
Message: <op.ufa7ygwo7bxctx@e6600>
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 06:25:50 +0200, Bob Hughes <omniverse charter <"net>">
wrote:
> Problem is... it never finished the install, giving a error 1925. Says
> it couldn't be done without administrator privileges (or some such), and
> yet the Vista OS user account was already set to that being the only one
> present.
>
> Added another account, set that to administrator and the original to
> standard user. Staying logged in and switching to the new administrator
> account, again the installer was interrupted by that same error 1925.

Under Vista, with UAC enabled, even administrator accounts do not have
full administrator privileges. Either disable UAC or right-click the
executable and choose "Run as administrator".

Typically, Vista will notify you when an installer needs administrative
privileges, and prompt the user, but not always. It may have something to
do with the name of the installer; at least that is how it worked in XP.

--
FE