POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Astonishment : Re: Astonishment Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Astonishment
From: Phil Cook
Date: 23 Jul 2008 04:17:15
Message: <op.ueqjwzy8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:58:24 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
did spake, saying:

> Chambers wrote:
>
>> So, the O-Ring was perfectly fine, as long as it was used within a
>> certain temperature range.
>
> A bit like saying "Micro$oft Word is perfectly fine, as long as you
> don't try to use numebered lists". ;-)

Perhaps more like our military designing weapons and vehicles for use in
Europe (read Russia) and then sending them over to Iraq; they work fine
with the cold and the mud, but didn't like the heat and the sand. It's not
a design fault they simply weren't tested for conditions that they would
normally never have encountered.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com