POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Jul 2008 06:07:58
Message: <op.uehfq0hcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:47:10 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
did spake, saying:

>>> Actually that sounds like my phone, and that has something like 35MB
>>> RAM ;-)
>>  Heh and the ones running Windows Mobile will even run cut down
>> versions of Word and Excel while allowing you to make phone calls,
>> check your diary, browse the 'net and pick up your email... Perhaps we
>> should all be running that version on our desktops instead ;-)
>
> ...and THIS is why I'm reluctant to buy a new phone. Who would want to
> pay money for something that runs an M$ OS? :-S

A lot of the problems we had stemmed from the third-party interface
plonked on the top, once I removed that it was quite stable. They would
occasionally refuse to link to the computer unless you restarted the
phone, but I've had the same problem with the NokiaOS.

I'm still impressed that if you made a change in Outlook while the phone
was connected it would automatically sync that item and was quite happy
syncing between multiple unconnected computers; something that both the
Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones still don't do or have problems with.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com