POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hmmmmm... : Re: Hmmmmm... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hmmmmm...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Aug 2008 04:00:36
Message: <op.ue6653jyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:15:12 +0100, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> "Yeah but the boss isn't"
>> "HTH am I supposed to know that?"
>
> That was the one thing that bugged me about HL. There were boss
> creatures that were only vulnerable to injury at particular places in
> the script, and it certainly wasn't obvious in anything they did.
> The same was true in Undying, but it became really obvious when it was
> that you could finish off the boss instead of just dodging.

It's less learned helplessness more least energy which seems to be a
fundamental of the universe

>> or talk to some married couples -
>
> Or Dilbert, where the secretary does everything for the boss, until one
> day she gets to send him off to Kosovo or some such, hoping the PHB has
> learned not even to try to make a phone call. :-)

Wearing the internationaly accepted symbol of peace - concentric circles
:-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com