POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hmmmmm... : Re: Hmmmmm... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hmmmmm...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 31 Jul 2008 11:27:06
Message: <op.ue5w6ci4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:24:25 +0100, Mike Raiford
<mra### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:

> Interesting. Especially the part about humans and social situations...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

These guys should frequent game forums -
"What do you mean the boss killed you, just firebomb him"
"What, but every other creature in this level was fire-resistant!"
"Yeah but the boss isn't"
"HTH am I supposed to know that?"

or talk to some married couples -

"I sent him out to buy some tomatoes and he came back with a bottle of
ketchup"
As a result the husband is no longer sent out to perform a task he doesn't
want to do.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com