POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 31 Jul 2008 06:32:22
Message: <op.ue5jdkqcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:41:50 +0100, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> did
spake, saying:

>>> simply
>>
>>> Yep in the same way that ambulance drivers, doctors, and firefighters
>>> are
>>> not assumed to be ready for emergencies in their break.
>>
>>  I'm pretty sure a policeman would be sent to jail if it did like
>> I described.
>
> So would the doctor/firefighter if there were 5 people dying and they
> just sat there and carried on eating their sandwich.

Which was my point. So far the argument is that it's quite all right for
ambulance drivers etc to take a meal break, but police officers can't.
That would be like doctors only being allowed to eat on wards in case one
of the patients needs them. If someone is on a break you know that they're
going to have an increased response time.

Actually we're just talking meals here, do the police have a toilet fitted
to their vehicles? If not does this mean that the officer has to park
their vehicle right outside the toilet and keep all the doors open so they
can keep an eye on it and be ready to [cough] leap up to answer an
emrgency call?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com